What’s In A Name?
“Negosyo” is a Filipino term for the English word “business”. Negosyo builder, therefore, refers to the Filipino Entrepreneur, the Pinoy Businessman — the business builder in the Philippines.
Dedicated To You – The Business Owner
This is a work-in-progress and is dedicated to all the business owners and entrepreneurs in the Philippines — the real unsung heroes of the nation.
At NegosyoBuilder.com, we have the following core beliefs:
1. Business is a game. There are inherit risks and rewards in any business endeavor. To be in business means to court success and failure. Ideally, you embrace both. And above all, the business owner must remember to have fun playing the game.
2. Business is about solving a problem. The entrepreneur, together with his army of employees and supporters, is the ultimate problem solver.
3. Business should be beneficial to the community it serves. The presence of thriving businesses in a society, where healthy competition exists, is an indication that the community is a progressive one.
And what has that got to do with this website? A lot!
We are here to awaken the entrepreneurial spirit in every Filipino, to nurture it and to keep it alive.
That’s a tough job, we realize. But we’ll do it anyway… through this website.
The team behind this website is planning to have the most essential business articles posted here with the following categories and their corresponding sub-categories:
1. Doing Business
Business Start-Up – They say that the start-up phase is the most difficult stage of any business venture. Some never get pass to it, some even die in the first few years of operation. This category shows you the most useful articles related to starting a business. We’ll cover such topics as:
- How to register a small business in the Philippines.
- How to setup a website.
- How to choose a business structure that’s right for you.
- How to work with your accountant, lawyer or bookkeeper
Numbers on Business — This part has to do with the financial side of your business. Think about the following:
- Financial Ratios
…and all that stuff. We’ll explain them here.
Running A Business — The fun starts here — and the bucks, too. Running a business is a never ending activity involving sales and marketing, customer support, negotiating with suppliers, hiring and firing employees, and occasional visits to the psychiatrist. 🙂 You can expect such topics as:
- How to turn your website from a dead investment into a sales machine.
- How to love your customers so they will love you back.
2. Tech On Business
Technology is an essential tool of any modern business. Unless your business is located in a cave and your customers are caves men, you can’t ignore the usefulness of technology and its impact on your business. We’ll showcase here some of the practical applications of technology to help you run your business. We’ll talk about:
- How to choose a domain name for your business.
- How to accept payments online.
- How to choose an accounting software that’s perfect for your business operations.
3. You On Business
This website is as much about you, the business owner, as it is about your business. This category takes the focus on you. Get a life — you deserve some fun.
4. Business Opportunities
Did you ever ask yourself this question: “Ano kayang magandang negosyo ngayon?” Of course if you are like most, you probably asked a few friends and potential business partners that same question. Are you surprised by their answers? Or, you kind of expect it already? This part explores the latest business trends, and also shows you some of the hottest business ideas and opportunities available to you.
So, stay in touch, budding entrepreneur!
Meet The Team
Carlos Velasco — A serial racketeer, webmaster, and publisher of NegosyoBuilder.com. His three-fold mission in life: “To become an angel, kick ass, and inspire people.”
Karla Stefan Singson is a hyperactive twenty-something who gets out of bed for events management, marketing, PR, teaching, writing and poetry nights. The smell of new books seduce her.
Ana Liza Siasoco – “Profile here”
We are looking for more contributors. Get in touch with us, if you have something to share.